Build Self-Esteem To Achieve Success and True Wealth – Wisdom for Success (Pt 3)
The quickest way to True Wealth goes something like this:
- You create an environment of joy and happiness in your life every single day, and refuse to live any other way. Without a positive attitude, you’re sunk before you start! Also helps build self-esteem.
- You know what you want (the mountain).
- You have milestones of achievements with celebrations along the way (your strategy for the climb).
- You know the obstacles and challenges and you have done what you can to overcome these (your preparation).
- You know full well that many more obstacles and challenges will emerge and you have contingency choices or alternative routes in mind (your contingency plans).
- You get started immediately – joy in your life today, know your mountain, decide on your strategy (and celebrations), start preparing and as you do set up your contingency plans.
- Off you go !
Success is NOT the end result …
It is getting started and not stopping until you have either climbed the mountain, or reached a place where you have achieved your idea of Success and True Wealth. This is where your milestones are very relevant. You may be half way up the mountain and the view is so good you decide to stay there. How wonderful!
So, have you achieved True Wealth though?
True Wealth to most people is a pre-determined secure income level (maybe passive income) or a value of financial wealth which gives them all the money they can use and enjoy and which sustains a lifestyle that is just what they want it to be.
For some people True Wealth has nothing to do with money, however it is always lifestyle related. Most lifestyle dreams still involve money to some extent.
For example it could be like my goal of living a country-style life and enjoying a business that is challenging, involves helping others; getting involved with causes that make a difference; time to see great concerts and listen to wonderful music of all genres; and at the same time I enjoy my freedom to roam the country in my MGB with the Car Club and just generally driving around the magical Australian countryside.
So, if it’s this simple why isn’t everyone achieving success and true wealth.
Build Self-Esteem for Self-Confidence!
Quite separate issues but very closely inter-related – Essential for achieving ANY form of Success or Wealth.
It’s pretty darn hard to be Self-Confident if you don’t have Self-Esteem. In fact, it even makes Life tough if we lack Self-Esteem.
We all go through periods where our Self-Esteem can be shot to bits. These periods have been the most challenging of my life, and it can be hard to shake, but here’s some really great ways to improve your Self-Esteem
10 Steps to Build Self-Esteem
(with courtesy reachout.com)
1. Positive self-talk
The way that you think about yourself has a huge influence on your self-esteem. If you keep telling yourself that you’re no good, you might just start to believe it even though it’s not true. If you notice that you practice negative self-talk often, check out some ways that you can challenge your negative thinking and build your confidence levels.
2. Don’t compare yourself to others
It can be really tempting to measure our own worth against other people. So what if your friend is awesome at table tennis and gets great marks? You just need to figure out what your niche is. Everyone is great at something – what are your strengths?
Exercise helps to improve your mood. End of story.
4. Don’t strive for perfection
It’s really great if you want to do things well, but keep in mind that perfection isn’t possible. Check out one person’s story of coming to terms with their sweet imperfection.
5. Don’t beat yourself up when you make a mistake
Everyone on the planet makes mistakes – it’s in our basic human nature. Why should you be any different? When you stuff up, don’t stress, just learn from it and move on.
6. Focus on the things you can change
There’s no point wasting all your energy thinking about things that you can’t change. Why don’t you have a think about some of the things that are in your power to control and see what you can do about those?
7. Do things that you enjoy
If you’re doing things that you enjoy you’re more likely to be thinking positively. Schedule time for fun and relaxation into every day.
8. Celebrate the small stuff
Start small and work your way up – you can’t expect any huge progress to be made overnight.
9. Be helpful and considerate
Not only is helping people a great way to boost the moods of others, but you might find that you feel better about yourself after doing something particularly excellent.
10. Surround yourself with supportive people
Don’t hang around people who bring you down. Find a group of people who make you feel good about yourself and avoid those who tend to trigger your negative thinking.
And Right Now …
Confidently Know YOU Are Already – “A Self-Made Success”
SHOUT IT OUT ..
“I am a Self-Made Success”
Come and Join Me and Other Like Minded People – Build Your Success and Your True Wealth In 2016?
The First Live Webcast This Month!